- Responsible for overall leadership of staff in the development and implementation of short and long range plans and policies and other activities.
- Responsible for the financial management of the corporation, including the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Assists the President and Board of Directors in setting goals for, and conducts, annual negotiations with government on regulations and policies.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and accomplishment of the annual work plan of the corporation as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for providing information, advice, and counsel to the Board of Directors in the creation of policies, programs, and strategic direction of the Association.
- Responsible for support of all activities associated with the Board of Directors, for all Board and Committee meetings, meeting schedules, locations, development of agenda, and meeting materials.
- Responsible for administration of overall operation of the Association, including: reviewing and evaluating the results of program activities, ensuring that continuing contractual obligations are being fulfilled; allocating resources for greater program effectiveness and efficiency; developing organizational and administrative policies and program objectives for Board consideration.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: Responsible for supervision of all assigned staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommendation for hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFCATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Attainment of an MBA or other equivalent advanced degree in a related field and seven years of increasingly responsible administrative experience, at least five of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; efficiently respond to questions from membership, staff and members of the community; communicate effectively in both written and oral form; and, effectively present information to membership, top management, public group, and/or board of directors.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies; and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the principles and techniques of research grant administration, contract administration and negotiation, hospital administration, community organization, fiscal and organizational management, principles and practices of marketing and public relations.
Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; work with health care providers, commercial vendors, government agencies, community groups and other organizations as necessary; communicate effectively in both written and oral forms; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies.Send Resume