Position/Title: Solutions Specialist
- Build and implement a robust business plan that ensures sales, market growth, penetration and profitability objectives are met.
- Regularly attend customer meetings to scope requirements and propose solutions.
- Provide selling support to consultants and advice to customers to define and develop business opportunities.
- Work with the sales and business development functions from across the business in a highly collaborative manner to discuss customer needs and translate them into an appropriate solution.
- Prepare value and capability statements, proposals, pricing details, contracts and innovative business models.
- Work with the solutions delivery unit in ensuring customer solutions are developed to specification on time and to budget.
- Manage customer sign off and approval in the solution design phase.
- Manage responses to tenders from institutions in your territory.
- Present the solution to the deal review board for approval of internal stakeholders.
- Support the closing process for complex solutions with consultants.
- Develop excellent in-depth knowledge of wider capabilities.
- Understand the wider environment; keep updated on the latest trends and policy changes and feedback to the Learning Solutions team and key stakeholders internally on the competitive landscape.
- Feedback to the Learning Solutions and Publishing teams on potential product development opportunities.
- Degree qualification with a minimum of three years relevant experience, ideally in the design and development of educational solutions in the education sector with relevant experience of working collaboratively and/or leading a sales team.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically while acting operationally.
- High attention to detail and excellent project management, organisational and planning skills.
- Commercial acumen, good negotiation skills and highly-numerate.
- Excellent communication skills to work collaboratively and influence, often in virtual teams.
- Ability to drive and motivate consultants to develop business opportunities for custom solutions among existing and new customers.
- Highly developed consultative skills.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.